And yes, we are back! We are once again hosting the Award Winning Books Reading Challenge this 2013. I am inviting you all beautiful people to sign up yet again for the Award-Winning-Books Reading Challenge that shall begin from January until December 2013. We have basically the same set of guidelines as last year’s:
We are not restricting this to children’s and YA book awards.
We are also not restricting this to books that have received recognition for 2013 – you can include books that have won an award for any year.
We also welcome entries on adult literature such as books that won the Man Booker Prize, Man Asian Literary Prize, the Pulitzer, and other recognition of exceptionality in literary works.
This is not restricted to international awards. Local/regional award giving bodies would likewise be honored.
If you want to have a complete list of children’s and YA book awards from different parts of the globe, click here to be taken to a comprehensive list prepared by the UCalgary. Library Quine from Loons and Quines has also provided us an updated version from the web site of the Book Trust (UK) which provides links to newer UK awards. For the Carnegie and Kate Greenway Awards, you may want to check out this website for a more updated archive. The Scottish Book Trust lists Scottish awards here. Many thanks to Library Quine for all these links.
Other examples would include the Newbery and Caldecott Honor/Medal from the United States, the Pura Belpre, Coretta Scott King Award, Jane Addams Children’s Book Award, Michael J. Printz Award, Cybils Awards among others.
Here are the detailed guidelines for your participation:
- The Award-Winning-Books Reading Challenge would run from 1 January 2013 to 30 December 2013.
- There are four levels of participation:
- Level 1 (10 books or less) – Bronze Medal
- Level 2 (11-25 books) – Silver Medal
- Level 3 (26-35 Books) - Gold Medal
- Level 4 (over 35 books) - Platinum Award
- Picture books, YA lit, adult literature – are all welcome as long as they have received an award or recognition – it does not matter what year they won the award.
- We know that you must be participating in a number of reading challenges, so you’re more than welcome to have your reviewed books overlap with other reading challenges you will be joining for 2013 (we’d probably do the same thing).
- You would have to write your reviews of what you have read for the challenge. We would be creating a page where you can put the links up for your reviews (watch out for this). While we appreciate your linking reviews for anything written before 2013, they would not be eligible for prizes.
- No, you do not need a blog to participate. Goodreads, Shelfari members are welcome to join – a weblink that leads us to your post should be enough.
- Monthly book prizes await courtesy of the very generous Pansing Books!
- How do you sign up? Sign up here if you wish to join in our challenge and include the url/link of your post (not your website) which announces your intention to join in this Reading Challenge – and the level you are aiming for. Feel free to grab these cutesie buttons that Iphigene has created for our challenge and post it in your blog.
Here is a sampler of book prizes that Pansing Books has generously pledged to the monthly winner for the first quarter of the year.