Hello hello everyone! Come one, come all. Welcome to Gathering Readers 1st Virtual Book Club Session. Our selected book this August is The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart.
I am hoping that most of you are halfway through the book as we are meeting in two weeks’ time (how fast time flies!) and that you are enjoying getting to know the peculiar children who answered Mr. Benedict’s equally-peculiar personal ad.
I have here a few discussion questions that I would love for you to answer in the Comments Section. In the off-chance that you feel *extremely extremely shy* and would rather write your answers down in the notebooks that you were given during our very first meeting, you can do that as well. No pressure, kids, as this is meant to be funfunfun anyways. I also invite all our readers who may have already read the book [or are interested in reading the book] to chime in with their thoughts, ideas, comments, and responses. No spoilers, though!
- How are you finding the book so far? Do you have trouble reading it? Which section are you in now?
- What do you think about some of the tests that the kids have to go through? Do the tests remind you of similar ones you may have taken before?
- Have you met anyone who is like Sticky Washington? (By the way, why is he called such again?) Or have you met anyone who is as resourceful as Kate Wetherall?
- Who is your favorite character so far?
- What do you think their final task would be and why are they selected?
That’s it! Wouldn’t want to overwhelm you for our first online session. Looking forward to reading your responses and ‘chatting’ with you!